BBC failures and PVR

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Mon May 8 12:03:36 PDT 2017

> Is there then no feedback from anywhere to the BBC over these faults? I had assumed that they would re-
> upload the failed files at some point.

Unfortunately the standard HLS streams seem to be in the list of legacy formats which don't get much attention or maintenance. And this problem is not directly with the BBC. It is with the Content Delivery Network that they use to deliver these legacy streams.

The only reason this problem was fixed last time, was thanks to another member of this list who had a contact at the BBC who could escalate it to the right people.

If and when this does get fixed, it might only be new content that is delivered intact. All the older damaged content may well stay that way until it expires.