Release 3.01 error, using huge amounts of memory

Jimmy Aitken jimmy.aitken at gmail.com
Mon May 8 01:00:16 PDT 2017

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jimmy,

 [ deleted ]
> The code is assuming it will be able to strip off either `foo=bar' or
> `foo="xyzzy"' from the front of a comma-separated list.  When it can't, it
> prints the warning, and then tries again.  It has no better luck on any future
> attempt.  The warning shows what it was toiling over.
>
>     BANDWIDTH=979000,CODECS="mp4a.40.5
>
> I expect this happily consumed `BANDWIDTH=979000', but then disliked the lack
> of double-quote termination to `CODECS="mp4a.40.5'.
>
> It needs to be raised with get_iplayer's authors.

Many thanks for looking into the issue.  I appreciate the time.

Does anyone know if this need to be raised on the Wiki/support forums,
or is the fact that it's in the mailing list sufficient for it to be
looked at for future releases and hopefully fixed?  I'm a bit wary of
running unattended get_iplayer runs in case it happens again and I'm
currently away from my machine so a reboot is not always possible.

Many thanks,
Jimmy