Can't download with GiP 3.00

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sun May 7 15:16:20 PDT 2017

The BBC and other broadcasters transmit many films on HD satellite channels
at 1080i 25fps with AC3 sound at bit rates up to 9Mbit/s if my satellite
receiver is to be believed.  I don't recall having seen any 50fps films
being broadcast.  Why not, if increasing the frame rate yields greater
improvement than increasing resolution on large screens?  Having seen the
farce of the FLAC consultation, I am sceptical about the subjective
assessments.  Maybe the film makers' assessment is different from the BBC's.

According to the get_iplayer wiki there is an HVF 540p25 mode which it calls
HVFxsd, and I have used it.  That mode does not appear in the list in the
blog.