Can't download with GiP 3.00

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Sun May 7 14:13:42 PDT 2017

> > HVF modes are processed by the BBC
>
> Actually, all DVF/HVF/DAF/HAF modes
> (plus AdobeHDS streams for TV/Radio that
> GiP does not support) are delegated to
> "Unified Streaming Platform", a BBC partner:
>
> http://www.unified-streaming.com/news/bbc-extends-contract-unified-streaming

>From Unified's website, it looks like what they supply is a webserver addon that the BBC uses on their own output systems. So although DVF/HVF/DAF/HAF/HDS are created using Unified Streaming Platform, they are still actually created in house at the BBC.

> USP do not produce any 720p25fps encodes,
> I guess because the BBC do not ask them to...

I think the BBC could set that up if they wanted but for some reason have decided not to at this stage.

> When the RTMP streams are first terminated
> (already announced), to be, no doubt, followed
> by the "legacy" AppleHLS streams (HLS modes),
> there'll be no way of getting 720p25fps...

Hopefully by that point some form of 720p 25fps stream will have been added to the encoding job but who knows. Can Apple devices cope with HVF streams as they are HLS-based? Is there a 720p 25fps HDS stream created by USP?