GiP 3.00 on Windows XP?

Dave Widgery dave.widgery at gmail.com
Tue May 2 05:10:37 PDT 2017

Hi
I am using GIP 3.00 on XP but I had to retain my old copy of
ffmpeg.exe as the new one doesn't support XP, So far this appears to
work for me, but cannot guarantee if it will work for you it might
depend on what modes you record at, I am not sure. It looks like it
may be time to upgrade soon,

The only problem I have noticed so far, I usually record all my stuff
overnight using the GIP command line from a batch file run from XP's
scheduler , but for some reason GIP didn't update the cache of
programs, therefore nothing new got downloaded, running get_iplayer
--refresh beforehand seemed to do the trick.

Dave