GIP 2.99 on openSUSE 42.2

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:18:35 PDT 2017

On 21/03/17 12:59, iz wrote:
>> Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 12:51 PM
>> From: "michael norman"
>>
>> I last tried --prefs-add ffmpeg  "/usr/bin/ffmpeg" but that doesn't work.
>
> Wrong syntax (compare to below), and not necessary since you have established that /usr/bin/ffmpeg is in $PATH.
>
>> I ran get_iplayer --prefs-del --ffmpeg="/usr/share/ffmpeg"
>
> I suggest you back up and delete $HOME/.get_iplayer/options since it may have junk in it now. Run with only default settings until you know ffmpeg works.

Ok did that, same result, I'll set up another user and see if it works
there, in desperation.  Whether I know how ffmpeg works is neither here
nor there.  GIP should know how ffmpeg works whatever I try, which seems
to be exclusive to me on two boxes running openSUSE, it or rather the
OpenSUSE version of GIP does not.