GIP 2.99 on openSUSE 42.2

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 05:51:28 PDT 2017

On 21/03/17 12:02, iz wrote:

>> Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:52 AM
>> From: "michael norman"
>>
>> Quite so.  What I can't work out is how to change that.
>
> get_iplayer --prefs-del --ffmpeg="/usr/share/ffmpeg"
>
> Run "which ffmpeg" at a prompt. If that returns "/usr/share/ffmpeg", something is dreadfully wrong that is unrelated to GiP.

michael1 at linuxBonds:~> which ffmpeg
/usr/bin/ffmpeg

I have tried all sorts of ways to get GIP to point to that, all have
failed, so I'm doing something wrong, and I don't know what it is.

I last tried --prefs-add ffmpeg  "/usr/bin/ffmpeg" but that doesn't work.

I ran get_iplayer --prefs-del --ffmpeg="/usr/share/ffmpeg"

before that.