GIP 2.99 on openSUSE 42.2

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 04:23:56 PDT 2017

On 21/03/17 11:15, Budge wrote:
> On 19/03/17 12:23, RS wrote:
>>> From: Budge Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2017 20:15
>>
>>> I did not set any parameters.  What operating system are you using?
>>
>> I am using Windows.  In Windows Mediainfo has a GUI and a number of tabs
>> to present information in different formats.  Maybe I am being unfair to
>> it, and I need to do a like for like comparison to see whether the Linux
>> version has information the Windows version does not.
>>
>> Another program I need to get to know better is AtomicParsley.
>
> I doubt that the windoze program is fundamentally different in function
> but if you are using a GUI then clearly the input parameters may be
> different.
>
> You could always try linux.  It is very easy these days, especially with
> live CDs which enable you to try various versions without messing with
> your system.
>
> Budge

Much as I agree about using Linux that and the other recent posts seem
to have strayed away from my original problem.  I've stopped trying to
solve that because I dual boot openSUSE and Linux Mint and GIP works as
it should on the latter.  Continuing the OT bit about Linux distros and
despite being a long term SUSE user since about 1998 Mint is the one I'd
recommend Windows users to try. But as I say that is horribly OT here.