BBC Licensing Expose

Nic Siddle nicsiddle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:29:28 PST 2017

I have tried so hard to stay of this one, but my will has been
sapped.......

On 01/03/2017 21:15, Peter S Kirk wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2017 at 22:40, michael norman michael norman
> <michaeltnorman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Best thing might be not to post links from the Mail which hates the BBC
>> to a pro BBC list. As others have said the Mail is not a reliable source
>> for anything.
> The Mail is a reliable source for news BBC/Grun refuse to report and for
> Investigative Journalism such as this Capita behaviour story. Previous
> include Charity fund raising extortion.
Yes, there are things on which the DM has reported and others haven't.
One of the reasons is that [perhaps more so with the website than the
papers(s)], so much of what is published is not verified/verifiable.
That aside, the example
your example about Capita is unforunate as it was broken ages before by
Private Eye, which is where the DM picks up many of its better stories
(and usually fails to attribute them). But it would no doubt be a step
too far to expect you to recognise this as I have little doubt that you
would brand PE as 'ultra left'.

> To dismiss everything in DM as "fake news", "right-wing", "extremist" is as
> nonsensical as stating every article in The Grun is true facts.
>
> Don't forget DM editor was pro Brexit, Mail On Sunday editor was pro
> Remain.
Your point about the opposing Brexit views of the DM and the MoS is
correct - but basically because the two editors hate each other with a
vengeance which over-rides any possibility of them coming to a common
viewpoint - and not just on Europe.

> If DM/MoS were as bad/fake as so many claim they would be bust rather than
> profitable highest selling non-RedTop.
We need a wide range of published news and views, but there has to be
some accountability for 'false news' (as opposed to 'views' &
editorials) and it is difficult to see that happening whilstever our
press is effectively owned by 'non-doms' and others who are allowed to
exploit our tax loopholes for their own advantage. That goes for
Murdoch, Rothermere, the Barclay Brothers, Lebedev and others - & I do
not exclude the Guardian from this list as some of the Scott Trust
business is off-shored too.

Can we please now put these rants to an end? No-one is going to persuade
anyone else to change their views so what is the point? It's just
filling my mail box with bile...............

Nic