Tag option "--prefs-add --tag-fulltitle"

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Wed Mar 1 08:35:10 PST 2017

Trying to keep this list on the subject of get_iplayer, I have only
partially answered my own original question.

The required syntax seems to be "--prefs-add --tag-format-title=<relevant
substitution parameter>" (note the equals sign). I have tried "title",
"name", "longname" plus several others from the Substitution Parameter list.

Get_iplayer accepts these as valid options and updates the "options" file.

However when downloading a programme, the Title is simply shown as the word
"title", "name" or "longname".
Looking at the Options file, I see a line, for example, "tag_formattitle
name". If I edit this to show "tag_formattitle=name" then at least I get a
tag in the recorded programme which usually is just the Episode name.

It could be that there is a bug which incorrectly adds the preference to the
options file by omitting the "=" sign.

Secondly whatever substitution parameter I use, I can only get the Episode
name. This begs the question, are the substitution parameters working
correct?

I am still desperately looking for a tagging option that replicates the old
"fulltitle" option.

Any help, suggestions etc would be welcome excluding any daily newspaper
reading suggestions (sorry about this, I must bite my tongue and keep
on-topic)

Regards
Simon Morgan