Centralised 30-day tv / radio cache data

Mike Ralphson mike.ralphson at gmx.com
Mon Jun 5 05:06:03 PDT 2017

If you have a break from refreshing get_iplayer's cache (e.g. if you are away) and this creates holes in your cache history, or if you have a very slow internet connection and web-scraping is not performant enough, or if you are for some reason stuck on an older version of get_iplayer, you may be interested in a source of centralised downloadable tv / radio cache data.

Obviously you should back up your tv and radio caches before trying this.

https://schedules.github.io/ess/

You can dowload the compiled cache files (built once per day) or the raw schedule data.

If any channels are missing, please let me know and I will add them, similarly if any problems are found with the format of the data. You may find the channel ids used are not the same as in get_iplayer, so this may affect searches or filtering by channel id/name.

Cheers, Mike