Podcast sample rate

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jul 17 13:24:18 PDT 2017

On Mon Jul 17 17:32:03 BST 2017, RS wrote:

> At 48kbit/s Mediainfo shows the
> sampling rate as 48.0kHz / 24.0kHz.

... If you are referring to the original *low radiomodes
as fetched by GiP, then, and someone correct me, please,
if I'm wrong, I believe 48.0kHz SR applies to hardware/software
media players which are capable of reproducing the SBR
portion of the HE-AACv1 encode; for SBR incompatible
players, only the LC portion is played back at half the SR,
i.e. 24.0kHz (resulting in most higher frequencies of the
spectum being muted...).
 If I have misunderstood and you're referring to
something else, please disregard and accept my apologies :-)

Vangelis.