Can I Set Radio Modes for Individual Search Items in PVR List?

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Sun Jan 29 00:51:40 PST 2017

Hi,
What I should have stated is that while using the browser-based PVR, you can
set the quality of individual recordings. By way of an example, I recorded
"The Archers" (so help me God!). Firstly I used "radiobest" in the
"Recording" tab, "Recording Modes". This produces a 30MB file at 320kb/s.
Secondly I recorded an episode using "radioworst" in the Recoding Modes
field which produced a 4.66MB file at 48kb/s. Note that you have to "Apply
Settings" on each occasion. You also have the option to "Save as Default" so
that if most of your radio recordings were speech then you could set
"radioworst" (or whatever quality you wanted) and just override this setting
for those recordings where you wanted a higher quality. You could choose
"good" or "better" giving you 96 kb/s or 128 kb/s. You can add a series to
"Add Search to PVR" at whatever quality you specified and this would mean
that a series would be recorded all at the same quality which seems logical
to me. A different series can have a different quality setting.

This is, of course, a manual process so you must select quality each time
you make a recording otherwise the default is used. As you say you use the
PVR then this is hardly a great hardship. I find the PVR interface so user
friendly that I cannot contemplate using the CLI any more.

For my part, I set "radiobest" as the default as the majority of my
recordings are of music. As I said before, the size of the file doesn't
really bother me as disk capacity is pretty cheap these days.

Rgds
Simon Morgan