Can I Set Radio Modes for Individual Search Items in PVR List?

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 16:10:11 PST 2017

The problems I have been experiencing recently, one not solved but
circumvented, as a result of two updates on different systems at about
the same time, have drawn my attention to the storage implications of
the changes to radio downloads.

Previously the BBC policy ensured that classical downloads from radio 3
were of a higher "quality" than the other channels.  This meant the
spoken word from radio 4 took up much less storage than the same
duration of music.  This suited me fine but now all radio comes in
whatever the best "quality" I have set.

The radiomode set in my prefs file applies to all radio downloads.  What
I would like to do is set the radiomode along with search criteria in my
pvr list in the same way as type.  This means that "quality" could be
set according to the programme being recorded.  I could then use "best"
for radio 3 music and a much lower quality for spoken word.  Is this
already possible?