Issues with Large Files

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 07:37:25 PST 2017

On 23/01/17 11:45, Budge wrote:
[snip]
>... when I
> chased Linn this is relevant part of the reply:-
>
> "The issue is heavily influenced by but not directly related to track
> duration. (Possibly too much technical detail - it's caused by the
> number of entries in the 'stsz' table. Problem files have huge numbers
> of entries, often with repeated small values; the mpeg spec allows but
> doesn't encourage encoders to combine these blocks together.)"

The bottom line is that I was able to solve my large files problem by
reverting to previous firmware on Linn Device.

Since there is nothing exceptional about these GiP radio download files
I am very surprised that Linn, having issued a weak firmware update, are
not jumping to put it right, but at least I was able to put things right
for my purposes.  Many thanks to all who have contributed to my quest
for a solution.

Finally for clarification I still have a problem with GiP radio
downloads from 17 January 2017 but for a different reason.