Re "Issues with Large Files" and "Recent Radio Downloads Not Playing".

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 10:54:13 PST 2017

On 23/01/17 17:51, batguano999 wrote:

>> Trouble is, if this is due to ffmpeg update, I have no idea when change
>> took place but certainly within the last week or so. (Or on reflection
>> was it when I upgraded from openSUSE 42.1 to 42.2??? Groan) How can I
>> find that info on my system? That would at least enable me to test and
>> if correct demonstrate to ffmpeg that they have introduced a bug.
>>

> Hi
> To check whether your version of FFmpeg creates m4a files that play nice with the Linn...
> Create some test files with different durations... 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes etc. up to 3 hours.
> If they all play OK then you can eliminate FFmpeg.
>
> This is how to ceate a 15 minute (900 second) test file.
> ffmpeg -f lavfi -i sine=d=900 -y 900_FFmpeg.m4a

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.  I created 900 sec, 1800 sec and 3600
sec and none showed any fault when checked with AtomicParsley. eg:-

AtomicParsley version: 0.9.6 (utf8)
Movie duration: 3600.024 seconds (01:0:0.02) - 69.29* kbp/sec bitrate
(*=approximate)
Low-level details. Total tracks: 1
Trk  Type  Handler                    Kind  Lang  Bytes
1    soun  SoundHandler               mp4a  und   31181746
      69.29 kbp/s  MPEG-4 AAC Low Complexity/LC Profile    channels: [1]

I would point out however that these files are mono at about 70 kbp/s
whereas my problem files are at 320 kbp/s in stereo.  Would that make
any difference?