Issues with Large Files

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:24:39 PST 2017

hello

I have noticed this also. iTunes would not import audio & video files
into the iTunes Library.
While researching the cause it became apparent that the files were
thousands of small chunks.
I have found that running them through Handbrake "fixes" them.

i do not see anything that get_iplayer may do to alleviate  the
problem. this is a BBC issue.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Budge <ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:
> I have recently had trouble playing radio 3 operas on my Linn devices. These
> files used to play although there were problems.  They play well on my RPi3
> with IQaudIO DAC+ amd upmpdcli gapless player software. (Totally brilliant
> setup which enables me to use excellent power amplifiers which would
> otherwise be redundant.)
>
> I asked Linn for help which they are working on and received this reply:-
>
> As a workaround for now, you could convert the file to a different format.
> I've checked that it plays after converting to either FLAC or ALAC using
> dbpoweramp.
>
> You might even find that just re-writing it as AAC fixes things - the
> problems are caused by the file being split into an enormous number of tiny
> chunks (over 400,000 audio blocks for a 9,200 second track); any encoder
> which reduced this would allow the file to play.
>
> Please could somebody tell me if this is correct and what should be there or
> have I done something wrong with my gip installation.
> Budge

terry l. ridder ><>