BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Jan 8 18:03:43 PST 2017

On Sat Jan 7 11:07:01 GMT 2017, RS wrote:

> My apologies for the long delay in replying to this.

No need to apologise :-)

> It seems the ICO had already decided there were clear privacy issues,
> and had people working on it. It had written to the BBC
> at the end of August and a response was due in October.
> As the ICO was already working on it,
> there did not seem to be any point in making my own complaint.

Many thanks for the followup; really appreciated!

> had already decided there were clear privacy issues

That's good to know, but those privacy issues pale in
comparison to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigatory_Powers_Act_2016
that I referenced in my December post
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2016-December/009969.html)
It seems to proactively catch a wrong-doer among, say,
10,000,000 web users in the UK, all those would need
to sacrifice their on-line privacy...
But this is really not the place for such discussions,
so I am stopping it here... :-(

Kind regards