get_iplayer creating incomplete mp4 files

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Fri Jan 6 08:59:39 PST 2017

>From: Alan Milewczyk Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 08:19

>In which case back to my original suggestion of piping the download output
>into a log file and taking it from there using the error reports...

I was going to suggest
ffprobe -show_streams
I haven't got it installed at present, so I can't check whether it does what
you want and shows the duration for the stream.

There are other suggestions here.
http://superuser.com/questions/650291/how-to-get-video-duration-in-seconds

As I understand it, if you want support for incorrect handling of error
conditions in get_iplayer, you will have to stop using Flash.  I suggest you
try
--tvmode=hlsvhigh,hvfvhigh
if that is the resolution you want.  The new built-in HLS downloader is much
faster than Flash, although you may not see any benefit if you have a slow
connection.

I am not sure that what you are trying to do will solve your problem.  Take
What Women Want (b0074dkr) as an example.  duration in --info is 7140.
runtime is 199.  The actual length is 1h 54min 49s, so you will conclude
that 4min  11s is missing.