Alternatives for live programmes?

John Warburton john at johnwarburton.net
Thu Jan 5 03:32:18 PST 2017

Hello,

I noticed (with understanding of possible reasons) that get_iplayer is
moving toward removing support for live streaming of programmes in its
next releases. Warning was given on this mailing list a couple of
months ago. Fair enough, given the delicate climate within which the
player's use is observed.

What might be an alternative way of capturing live programmes? For
journalism, I sometimes need to record news broadcasts, both from News
24 and from the BBC regional news programmes, and it's very convenient
to do it on any machine with a Perl interpreter.

Thanks,