[ANN] get_iplayer 2.98 released

George Eycott george at eycott.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 10:28:33 PST 2017

Two worries that actually turned out not to be an issue, I should add that I
pretty much exclusively use get_iplayer for radio content.

1. Loss of MP3 built in conversion. Actually it turns out all the audio kit
I use (despite being labelled in one case as an MP3 player) is quite happy
to take the MP4 file and others have since shown how to get the
functionality a different way if I need it again.

2. Loss of ID3 tagging. I presumed this meant I would lose all tagging of
the downloaded files but I haven't so presumably this is some other form of
tagging that I never used.

I am sure many readers will see this and go "well, that's obvious" but it
wasn't to me and it may not be to other people!

Cheers

George