parser error

Graham Temple Personal graham.j.temple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 04:06:55 PST 2017

There are regular failures now of delivery of subtitles files. It starts to
download them but they never convert to SRT and just delete. I followed this
thread through but for someone like me who just uses the PVR and settings
within, this is all way over my head to work out other ways of obtaining the
subtitles.

I am on the latest version.

Recent examples:

The league of gentleman series 1 E4 & E5
Ronny Chieng E7
Strictly Come Dancing E23 (week 12)

None of them have corrected the output since.

The message on the PVR is:

INFO: Downloaded: 390.29 MB (00:29:06) @ 37.62 Mb/s (hvfxsd1) [audio+video]
INFO: Converting to MP4
INFO: Tagging MP4
INFO: Downloading subtitles
ERROR: Failed to load subtitles:
:7: parser error : Char 0x0 out of allowed range
        LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN 4 - BD313601
                                        ^
:7: parser error : Premature end of data in tag title line 6
        LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN 4 - BD313601
                                        ^
:7: parser error : Premature end of data in tag metadata line 5
        LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN 4 - BD313601
                                        ^
:7: parser error : Premature end of data in tag head line 3
        LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN 4 - BD313601
                                        ^
:7: parser error : Premature end of data in tag tt line 2
[...]
ERROR: Subtitles conversion to SRT failed
ERROR: Use --subtitles-only to re-download
Recording complete

It is still a small % but frequent enough to be annoying if you rely on
subtitles to fully follow the speech.

GT