Problems with --info

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Aug 25 09:30:44 PDT 2017

 On Thu Aug 24 18:38:59 BST 2017, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

> I've just checked with the PID you quote Vangelis and concur.
> Where the PID isn't in the cache (as is the case here),
> v3.02 fails to find anything!

 Many thanks Alan for checking/verrifying !

(OT: Yes, sun still shining over here, but as it's
usually the case, one longs for what one
doesn't have... After this one being the hottest
summer in more than a decade, with 3 major
heatwaves striking thus far (last one was Lucifer,
started end-July and lasted till mid August - temps
as high as 39C during the day, not below 31 during night)
I can say without the faintest hesitation that
I'm fed up with the sun shining, could well do with
some Manchester weather for a relief... And do keep
in mind that over here real winter starts towards
the end of October... :-) )

 On Thu Aug 24 18:35:17 BST 2017, tellyaddict wrote:

> Thanks Vangelis.
> It's appeared in the Known Issues section of the wiki
> so Dinky is now aware of it.

 You are welcome.
I genuinely don't mean to sound unpleasant,
but this current situation of bugs being
discovered after a major public release
is a direct consequence of the way that
the on-line "develop" GitHub repository
is being currently updated (i.e. only after
a major "master" release takes place, and
I recall this is something that you and I discussed
in a previous exchange on this list..).

 When the online "develop" branch was being
(publicly) gradually committed to towards
the next major release, advanced users/testers
had the chance to test "unstable" snapshots
of the code, which increased the likelihood of
discovering and reporting (e.g. in the issues tracker,
now no longer with us...) bugs/breakages
in those snapshots; the dev could then hopefully
iron out those bugs before a major release...

 Currently, fixing any (major) bug would necessitate
a new master release, but if the dev feels OK
with such a workflow, I fear I have no business
at all discussing this...

Best regards all,
Vangelis.