TV Audio Bitrates

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 01:17:33 PDT 2017

In article <494dd0ef-2b5a-2f75-d49c-4c3d48d8dea6 at gmail.com>, Nick Payne
<njhp94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/08/2017 8:49 AM, tellyaddict wrote:
> > Hi All, With 3.02 of GiP, all HVF modes now use 320 kbps audio.
> Not so. I just downloaded the BBC Proms recording of Ravi Shankar &
> Philip Glass using 3.02 and hvfsd, and MediaInfo reports the video as
> 960*540 @50fps and the audio as 48kHz 2 channel AAC.

The "48kHz 2 channel" part *isn't* the bitrate! It tells you what the AAC
contains and what LPCM you'll get when it is decoded. The "48kHz" is the
*sample* rate per channel. Quite a different thing to the bitrate.

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm