New radio PIDs, more than 8 characters - "solved"

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 08:57:30 PDT 2017

>     On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 04:16:33PM +0100, C E Macfarlane wrote:
>
>     > as for arcane-ness of language and difficulty in reading
>     > it's about on a par with The Bible!
>
>     That's what everyone thinks about languages that they are too damned
>     lazy to learn.

Laziness doesn't enter into it, the list of languages I've already learnt
includes others, such as Assembler (for three different processors), that
were much harder to learn than Perl would ever be, but the fact remains
that, for a high-level language, its syntax is unnecessarily difficult and
obscure.  The whole point of high-level languages, the reason they were
invented, was make to programming more human-readable and therefore more
understandable, but Perl bucks that trend.

But, since you are obviously spoiling for a fight, why should anyone listen
to someone who has confessed to being a part of putting all that massive
bloat in BBC web pages  -  presumably therefore you will feel at home
bloating my spam folder henceforth.  Bye, bye.