Fw: Re: New radio PIDs, more than 8 characters

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Sun Aug 13 12:54:11 PDT 2017

See reply ...
--
www.macfh.co.uk/MacFH.html

>     Would I be right in saying that amending Vangelis' suggestion to:
>                              [bpw][a-z0-9]{14}
>     would pick up 15 character PIDs as well as anything shorter?

Firstly it would have to be ... {8,14}, otherwise shorter ones would not be
picked up.

But there is a potential problem with [a-z0-9] because it would pick out
many normal English words, for example, ironically, 'programmes' and
'programming'.  I think you'd need the second character to be a digit, so
	[bpw][0-9][a-z0-9]{7,13}
... would probably do the job.