Issues Log/Development

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 14:15:58 PDT 2017

> I, for one, found the issues tracker to have been a veritable vault
> of invaluable info/documentation on the way GiP evolved/changed
> over the last years and a very easy reference to the actual commits
> that brought on those changes.
>
>  The way the tracker worked was that usually the maintainer would open
> a new issue for a new feature to be implemented or for a new bug to be
> fixed and if/when that issue was closed by a specific commit,
> that commit would have been mentioned there and easily linking to
> the actual piece of perl code that would implement changes/fixes.

Indeed I agree the Issues Tracker was very useful and is a huge loss.

Has Dinky also moved updates/fixes etc somewhere we can't see? After the recent BBC changes I expected to see commits being put into the development version as the new issues were sorted and things were changed. Instead though GIT said that the development versions was only 1 commit ahead of the master and the last commit to bump the dev version was back on the 11th February.

Today though following the release of GiP 3.00, a look back through the commits shows that the last few weeks have seen a lot of activity as depreciated options were removed and things were fixed.