Only AD version available

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Sat Apr 29 03:17:18 PDT 2017

On 28/04/17 16:24, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> This list post refers to the following support forum thread:
> https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-1270-post-5669.html#pid5669
>
> so it is mainly meant for @SquarePenguin, who wrote in #2:
>> Yes, the BBC haven't made the non audio described version available,
>> so the only one available is an audio described version

What I had meant to say was that it was most likely that the 'original'
version had expired and AD was all that was left. I failed spectacularly
at saying that because I was pissed off at the rest of the comment I was
responding to, and most likely it wasn't strictly true at the moment of
posting anyway, based on your earlier analysis.

A poor performance by me!

> Other that the above, I totally agree with the rest of #2;

I'm glad I'm not alone.

> sometimes only finds the SL/AD versions of programmes is that he wasn't
> prompt enough to fetch the "original" versions before they expired;
> SL/AD versions, and this is my own observation, are broadcast slightly
> after the  "original" aired, hence they expire later;

I've also seen this, for what it's worth.