No .xml - what is work-around?

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 06:43:37 PDT 2017

hello

cmdline:
 ~/get_iplayer-2.99/get_iplayer --tag-isodate --verbose --type=tv
--mode=best --pid=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197

partial logs;
INFO: Search args: ''
INFO: ffmpeg version string = 3.1.3-static
INFO: ffmpeg version number = 3.1
INFO: Will try prog types: tv
INFO: Loaded history for first check.
INFO: Loading recordings history
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: Got 8454 file cache entries for tv
Cleaning pid Old: 'http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197',  New: 'b08nx197'
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197.rdf
WARNING: rdf URL contained no data
WARNING: PID URL contained no RDF data. Trying to record PID directly.
INFO: Trying pid: b08nx197 using type: tv
INFO Trying to download PID using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
7270:    The Beechgrove Garden: 2017 - Episode 5, BBC Two, b08nx197

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: Programme metadata URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197.xml
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197.xml
WARNING: Could not download programme metadata from
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197.xml
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL (JSON) =
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197/playlist.json
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08nx197/playlist.json
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL (HTML) [default] =
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nx197/
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nx197/
INFO: default version not found in metadata retrieved from iPlayer site (HTML)
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL (HTML) [audiodescribed] =
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nx197/ad
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nx197/ad
INFO: audiodescribed version not found in metadata retrieved from
iPlayer site (HTML)
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL (HTML) [signed] =
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nx197/sign
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nx197/sign
INFO: signed version not found in metadata retrieved from iPlayer site (HTML)

WARNING: No programmes are available for this PID with version(s):
default (available versions: original)
ERROR: Could not get version PIDs and metadata
ERROR: Could not get programme metadata

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Alan Milewczyk <alan at soulman1949.com> wrote:
> On 28/04/2017 13:33, artisticforge . wrote:
>>
>> hello
>>
>> cmdline is dead Jim.
>

> Not totally. I just tried a test download and because the item wasn't in the
> cache the result I got was named
> get_iplayer_-_b06r030v_b06r030v_original.mp4! The correct programme was
> downloaded, it's just that the appropriate fields weren't populated due to
> lack of metadata feeds.
>
> Alan
>

> ---

terry l. ridder ><>