iPlayer red button content - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zsmg0

Kevin Lynch klynchk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:58:37 PDT 2017

James

As you requested, I checked my version number and I've now added to my
Erm somewhere along the way I may have forgotten to update my
ubuntu sources list :(

So I added the lines below to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer/ubuntu xenial main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer/ubuntu xenial main

and my version has gone from 2.95 to 2.99

trying your suggestion give the succesful output below

I can fix the rest hopefully

Thanks for your help and patience

Kevin

get_iplayer 2.99-ppa28, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

  NOTE: A UK TV licence is required to legally access BBC iPlayer TV content

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: p04zsmg0 using type: tv
INFO: Trying to download PID using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
Matches:

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO: hvfxsd1,hvfxsd2,dvfxsd1,dvfxsd2,dvfxsd3,dvfxsd4,hvfxhigh1,hvfxhigh2,dvfxhigh1,dvfxhigh2,dvfxhigh3,dvfxhigh4,hvflow1,hvflow2,dvflow1,dvflow2,dvflow3,dvflow4
modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying hvfxsd1 mode to record tv: Fighting Talk - WATCH!
Fighting Talk - live from Liverpool
WARNING: Unable to determine ffmpeg version - MP4 conversion for hvf
downloads may fail
WARNING: ffmpeg 2.5 or higher is required to convert hvf downloads to MP4
WARNING: Use --raw to bypass MP4 conversion and retain .ts file
WARNING: Use --ffmpeg-force to override checks and force MP4 conversion attempt
INFO: File name prefix =
Fighting_Talk_-_WATCH_Fighting_Talk_-_live_from_Liverpool_p04zsmg0_original

INFO: Subtitles not available for version(s): original
INFO: Begin recording file:
/media/sf_iPlayer_Recordings/Fighting_Talk_-_WATCH_Fighting_Talk_-_live_from_Liverpool_p04zsmg0_original.video.ts
INFO: Begin recording at: 0.00 MiB (00:00:00) [