[Get-iPlayer] Re: BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:36:19 PDT 2016

hello

I listen to BBC Radio off the internet.
As to which stations it depends on the day of the week and the time of day.
Sunday is Radio Cumbria, Radio Kent, Radio Lincolnshire, Radio Stoke and
Radio Wales.

Asking for location makes no sense to me. it is all to create the
illusion that the BBC is doing something to get people to purchase TV
Licence.

They would not have an issue if they would just figure out how to
allow non-UK residents pay a subscription fee for the BBC content. I
know friends in the USA
who pay an obscene amount per month for 500 channels of rubbish. They would
pay £50.00 per month for the BBC easily. BBC America is NOT the BBC.
it was sold off a while ago.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 7:26 AM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 03:47:39AM +0300, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>
>> ...yeah, right... Localised to a specific postcode!!!
>> County/City would have sufficed for that...
>
> Radio waves are inconsiderate little buggers and don't pay much
> attention to things like placenames.
>
> Quick, which local radio station should I get if I live in Newport?
>
> Which local radio station should I get if I live in Yorkshire?
>
> Which should I get in Thornton Heath, which is in London but my address
> had Surrey in it back in the dark ages when the post office cared about
> such things?
>
> (the correct answer to all of those is, of course, "none of them,
> because all local radio is shit")
>
> --
> David Cantrell | Nth greatest programmer in the world
>
> I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
> their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
>   -- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing on 25 Jan 2004 at
>      http://www.arabnews.com/node/243486

terry l. ridder ><>