BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 04:02:55 PDT 2016

In article <7AAC9874F8324F5AAC4DEA3E8C7A6DAB at RJCDESK>, RS
<richard22j at zoho.com> wrote:

> At present the BBC's attitude seems to be that if your Smart TV is more
> than 2 years old that's tough; they can't be bothered to support it.

I wish people wouldn't keep trotting out this misrepresentation here. It
has been dealt with in the past.

It is the responsibility of the *vendor* of closed commerial items to
ensure what you buy works as it should. They may 'subcontract' that to the
makers, who in turn may commission someone else to deal with it.

The BBC try to give info well in advance to makers and those who offer
'smart TV' boxes. Its then their job to handle it. Not the BBC's.

Jim