BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Sep 27 03:35:03 PDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 11:13 +0100, CJB wrote:
> Share and share alike I guess. Kind a makes a mockery of the need for
> security.

That's hardly new. Similar observations could be made of fairly much
all the snake oil DRM schemes.

Ultimately, all these schemes have the same goal — to make the rights-
holders *believe* that their precious content can't be "stolen".

If the BBC manage to do that with a crappy password scheme, then let's
not heckle too hard. We *know* it's purely a deception, and that was
always going to be the case.

--
dwmw2