So what does this really mean

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri Sep 16 08:45:10 PDT 2016

On 16/09/16 16:21, michael norman wrote:

> I find your idea of all these expats who would pay for the BBC or
> anything else quite risible.  These are the same people who have left
> UK to avoid paying irritating things like taxes and BBC licence fees.

That's totally out of order. People move abroad for a variety of
reasons: job opportunities, gentler climate, marriage/love just to
mention a few that spring to mind.

My partner is in the Philippines - because my pension is deemed too low
to support her, I can't bring her over here and I can't move over there
permanently because my monthly prescription list is nearly 20 items and
my pension would go totally on medication. So my compromise is spending
4 months over there and the rest of the year here - if I come up on the
Lottery (some hope!) I'll be over there like a shot. But it's really
offensive to suggest that dodging taxes is the sole reason for emigrating.