So what does this really mean

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 04:01:58 PDT 2016

In article <975C5A4D-A8E2-46CC-83F2-D33F9024E864 at gmail.com>, Dave
Widgery
<dave.widgery at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wish the bbc would stop wasting money trying to stop the
> unstoppable

They know full well that they can't ensure total compliance, and that real
life is complex. Their aim is to ensure people have been told, and to
minimise the levels of dodging to the point where it has little impact.

Frankly, if someone wants to watch the BBC TV output they should pay if
they can. I am a keen supporter of the 'free' software, etc, movement. But
the point there is that the authors, etc, *intend* the output to be free.
Whereas the BBC relies on the Fee to pay for it's operations and generation
of the content.

However this is really OT, and old ground being reploughed...

Jim