Keep download file before conversion?

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:23:27 PDT 2016

hello

I mis typed my previous reply.

the culprit may be differences in the perl Installations.

using different ffmpeg including the latest from ffmpeg.org
still resulted in truncated audio files.

that would point to that the downloaded file is different in some way.

later today i will download the same offending file with --raw on
linux, MacOSX,
& windows 10. the downloaded file should be the same across all platforms.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Mark Carroll <mtbc at ixod.org> wrote:
> On 14 Sep 2016, artisticforge . wrote:
>
>> In theory the 3 downloaded files should be the same.
>> that would reinforce that ffmpeg is the culprit on Debian Linux Jessie.
>
> I haven't been following this thread carefully and I don't know why I
> did this but, for what little it's worth, I notice that while I run
> Debian GNU/Linux Jessie on one of the machines I use get_iplayer on, I
> seem to have pulled in a later version of ffmpeg from stretch for some
> reason.
>
> -- Mark

terry l. ridder ><>