Issues with TV program download, One of Us

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sun Sep 11 11:01:45 PDT 2016

On 11/09/16 14:33, artisticforge . wrote:
> hello
>
> attempting to fetch One of Us.;
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07r26py
>
> the shell script i used to attempt downloading is at the end of this message.
>
> the 3 available episodes all stop downloading near the same percentage.
>
> Recording:  1344.36MB / 2309.09MB  3586kbps  58.2% 00:36:43 remaining
> Recording:  1346.67MB / 2309.09MB  3584kbps  58.3% 00:36:39 remaining

Thanks for pointing this out, until your posting, I hadn't noticed that
all three programmes seem to be around 1300MB rather than the 2 Gigs
that one would expect from one hour recordings at 1280x720 50 fps.
However, as you say all programmes are complete. Unfortunately I have no
logs, just the downloaded programmes.

I'm on Win7 x64 and using a batch file which I've been using for a
couple of years, albeit with various modifications to reflect changes in
recording modes.

Looking through a folder of downloads over the last month or so, I see
that this is not the only occurrence - most (but not all) affected
programmes seem to be reworked versions.

Puzzled!

Alan