Web PVR in v2.96 - Recording modes

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 09:34:32 PDT 2016

In article
<CANqy080Rd+YscD6wZvr+BBRxgB27a7BkfhgQAyCQO5yPFTabkA at mail.gmail.com>,
   artisticforge . <artisticforge at gmail.com> wrote:

> a sampling of 1400+ video files the max audio is 93kbps. That seems to
> be the best audio with video files.

> the best radio is 320kbps.

> I download the file you mentioned. the audio is 128kbps.

> that appears to be the exception rather than the norm.

FWIW all the 'HDTV' files I've fetched using

--modes=hvfhd

give me 128k audio. These are the 50fps 1280x720 video versions. This now
seems to be the 'best' audio for TV items.

So the question for video is probably if this is available or not. Some
Prom 'works' files seem not to be available in this format. But many have
been. All the 'broadcast' Proms programme files seem to have been available
in this format.

However for radio

--type=radio --mode=dashhigh

gets me 320k files. This is the case for all the Proms so far as I know,
and remains the 'HD audio' standard.

So for TV the real questions are which mode you use, and if the item
happens to be available in the highest quality mode(s) or not.

Jim