License question

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri Sep 2 11:43:11 PDT 2016

On 02/09/16 18:24, artisticforge . wrote:
> Hello
>
> Yes, not many people read Robert A. Heinlein these days.
> I still find people who do not grok TANSTAAFL.
> What is more amazing is that there are people who honestly believe
> that there is such a thing as "Free Lunch".
> I am a firm believer in TANSTAAFL.
>
> Concerning the Beeb, if I had to pay a £1.00 GPB per day everyday of
> the year, I would still consider it a great value.

Seconded. I've spent a fair amount of time in Canada, Australia and
various countries in Asia and now spend part of the year in the
Philippines - I can honestly say that the Beeb's output knocks the
alternatives available from those countries (plus the offerings from the
Yank Republic) into a cocked hat. Most of my viewing in the UK is Beeb
produced content and when I'm not watching that it's continental drama
(Nordic Noir, etc, not forgetting the excellent offerings from "Walter
Presents" on All4.com). When I'm in the Philippines I watch a stack of
Beeb programmes on an external hard drive. Can't beat it and like you I
get annoyed with the anti-Beeb bitching and resentment of the present
funding system! </off-topic rant over>