License question

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:13:19 PDT 2016

On 02/09/16 18:24, artisticforge . wrote:
> Hello
>
> Yes, not many people read Robert A. Heinlein these days.
> I still find people who do not grok TANSTAAFL.
> What is more amazing is that there are people who honestly believe
> that there is such a thing as "Free Lunch".
> I am a firm believer in TANSTAAFL.
>
> Concerning the Beeb, if I had to pay a £1.00 GPB per day everyday of
> the year, I would still consider it a great value.
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 8:18 AM, John Bingham <john at ukmail.org> wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> My second paragraph was a comment on a general problem in our society:
>> people wanting something for nothing.
>>
> <snip>

Never heard of him either, just looked him up.  Whether he was the first
to deny the existence of a free lunch I have no idea, its always struck
me that the principle is obvious, in this and other contexts the artist
has to be paid.

The ironic thing here for me is that all the BBC is doing is asking
people to declare whether they are using iPlayer without paying for it .
If you feel happy using something you don't pay for that's on your
conscience. As far as I know the BBC  don't have the means to enforce
payment for using iPlayer if you only use it on a non tv

The licence fee is cheap.