Replacement for "aactomp3" option?

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:13:48 PDT 2016

Please excuse my ignorance but it seems that some really useful
features of GiP are to be deprecated in future versions for reasons
that I do not fully understand..

This is especially pertinent re: the final conversion of downloads to
formats more useful to some folks such as the aactomp3 option. I do
not understand the rationale to remove these features / options,
especially if folks still wish to use them.

To get around this removal and to retain the final formatting of the
files that suits them folks are now discussing adding their own
scripts to GiP.

Surely this is crazy. There will be untold variations - each a special
cases for the person involved. Then there could be releases by others
of extra scripts for more common requirements, etc.

This could quickly get out of hand and support could become a nightmare.

Then there is talk of promoting YouTube-dl (or something) as a
replacement for GiP to retain the features that are about to be
removed from GiP.

Would it not have been better to have asked the general user-base what
features they would like to have kept available or not?

Just my 2d worth.

CJB