Radio programme will not record using web PVR

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 05:04:57 PDT 2016

I am probably missing something obvious but I cannot get "Afternoon Drama:
John Dryden - Pandemic - The Present (b01dtkjl)" on Radio 4 Extra to record
using the web PVR GUI. However it records perfectly well using the CLI ( I
terminated the download as I already have it).

In the PVR "Recording" tab, my default is "tv25fps, radiobest". FYI I use
tv25fps because my broadband speed is pedestrian and I use radiobest because
I mainly record music and wish for the 320bps stream. I have tried a few
other settings for the radio quality but still no luck.

Is there something I should be doing to get the PVR to record?

Rgds
Simon Morgan

Get_iPlayer v2.97 running under Windows Home Server 2011
-
(Web PVR using Chrome)

Recording The Following Programmes

Afternoon Drama: John Dryden - Pandemic - The Present (b01dtkjl)

INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
10258:	Afternoon Drama: John Dryden - Pandemic - The Present, BBC Radio 4
Extra, b01dtkjl

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
WARNING: No media streams found for requested programme versions and
recording modes.
Recording complete

get_iplayer Web PVR Manager 2.97-windows.0, C2009-2010 Phil Lewis - Licensed
under GPLv3

Command line gives ..

get_iplayer 2.97-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.
.............>snip

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b01dtkjl
--for
ce
get_iplayer 2.97-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
10258:  Afternoon Drama: John Dryden - Pandemic - The Present, BBC Radio 4
Extra
, b01dtkjl

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO:
dashhigh1,dashhigh2,hafhigh1,hafhigh2,dashstd1,dashstd2,hafstd1,hafstd2,hl
saacstd1,dashmed1,dashmed2,hafmed1,hafmed2,dashlow1,dashlow2,haflow1,haflow2
,hls
aaclow1 modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying dashhigh1 mode to record radio: Afternoon Drama: John Dryden -
Pand
emic - 1. The Present
INFO: File name prefix =
Afternoon_Drama_John_Dryden_-_Pandemic_-_1._The_Present
_b01dtkjl_original
INFO: Begin recording file: C:\Users\getiplayer\Desktop\iPlayer
Recordings\After
noon_Drama_John_Dryden_-_Pandemic_-_1._The_Present_b01dtkjl_original.partial
.m4a
.m4a
Recording:     2.13MB / 100.52MB  2182kbps   2.1% 00:06:09 remaining
INFO: Cleaning up C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl (got
signal
INT)
Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>