Get_iplayer is streaming live TV!

Roger Bell_West roger at firedrake.org
Mon Nov 28 08:46:11 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 04:40:53PM +0000, d.lake at surrey.ac.uk wrote:
>I am sort-of trying to protect the port, but given that I access my server from a whole heap of locations and I can't say in advance what those source IPs will be, it will make it all rather cumbersome.

ssh tunnel. Bind the "CGI" to localhost so that nothing can reach it
directly, then connect from outside with:

ssh -L 1234:localhost:1234 username at your_external_dns_name

and point your client at localhost:1234 on the box where you're
running the ssh process.

(If you're stuck with a non-command-line ssh, check its documentation
for local port forwarding.)

(Note - please check your email client settings and do not reply to me
directly. I sent this to the mailing list because I want conversation
to happen on the mailing list.)