Get_iplayer is streaming live TV!

Jeremy Nicoll - ml gip jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Nov 28 02:46:46 PST 2016

On 2016-11-28 10:08, d.lake at surrey.ac.uk wrote:
> export IPLAYER_OUTDIR=/home/Media/iPlayer
> /usr/bin/perl /root/get_iplayer_dev/get_iplayer/get_iplayer.cgi
> --port=8080 --getiplayer=/root/get_iplayer_dev/get_iplayer/get_iplayer
>
> ... to start get_iplayer
>
> Where do I look for an options file?  I have nothing in the PVR and no
> streaming set-up as far as I can tell.

Hmm, well I know nothing about running g_ip under Linux, but I guess
that if
you issue

  /usr/bin/perl /root/get_iplayer_dev/get_iplayer/get_iplayer --help-long

it might give you some clues.  In fact

  /usr/bin/perl /root/get_iplayer_dev/get_iplayer/get_iplayer
--dump-options

will, I think, show you all saved options, which would be a start.  Aha

  /usr/bin/perl /root/get_iplayer_dev/get_iplayer/get_iplayer
--show-options

will (according to quite an old help file I'm looking at here) list the
options
AND show where they were defined.

HTH

--