Offtopic noise: Re: BBC iPlayer viewers now need a...

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Mon May 16 12:25:13 PDT 2016

On 16 May 2016 at 20:14, Dennis Smith <m1dlguk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also could people make the posts more legible for current
> mail applications and post replies at the top.

sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

top posting on a list like this makes for illegible replies

> Other methods of
> posting are no longer supported in email clients any more.

Utter rubbish

> It's many
> time easier to read with an uptodate client that displays email in
> threaded view.

You presume everybody reads email like you do

> If the reply isn't at the top, I don't read it, life is
> too short for jumbled up illogical replies.

I guess you won't be reading these replies then, all of which have
been nicely spaced out and responded to each of your points in turn,
at the relevant point, instead of all in one go at the top where the
reader then has to guess which reply was to which point.

Which method is jumbled up??