BBC iPlayer viewers now need a TV licence to watch to catch up with their favourite shows

Ian Trimnell iantrimnell at gmail.com
Sat May 14 10:07:48 PDT 2016

A very interesting perspective.  We don't have a TV license because we don't have a television nor do we watch live broadcasts on any computer or mobile device.  This is all in line with the reasons set out on the form that TV Licensing send us every now and then.

We only download, either using iPlayer or get_iplayer, the few programs we are really interested in.  Sometimes this may be as few a two or three a week.

Therefore, I am quite interested in knowing how long we have before we will not be able to watch those few programs.  We don't really think that we will want to spend the money on a license so would rather go without.

I do wonder how much extra income, over the additional costs involved, the BBC will actually gain.

Anyway, this is starting to get off topic again so I'll sign off.

Ian
(No television for over 35 years.)