Spurious write permission error

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:48:47 PDT 2016

hello

First a request. can you refrain from inserting your web page with
every post? it is annoying

second, I do not do "Windows". That said, any operating system should
prevent the deletion of a file that is in use.
MacOSX & Linux will not let me delete a directory if that directory is
the "current working directory" for a process.
The test of WMP would only prove that the programmers were lazy and/or
just plain sloppy.
I use VLC or iTunes. 99.99% of the time it is iTunes.

I have 1 Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. It sits in the
corner turned off until the rare event where i need to use
windows for something. Which are becoming more rare with each passing
day. I do not think it has been on this year.

The operating system is not going to allow N different processes
access the same resource at the exactly the same time. Not going to
happen. So the chance of N GiP all going for a write append to the
download_history file at the exact same instant in time is ZERO. The
operating system is not going to allow it to occur. The requests will
all go into the queue and processed in order.

What you have been describing all along is a "Race condition".

Concerning "Computer Hiccups", events of unknown causes, I have been
around enough years to say that "Stuff Happens"
which can never be explained. A Flipped bit, a random byte, etc.
Nothing is prefect and "Stuff Happens". Those random bit that go bump
in the night.

I have farm fields that need tending and firewood that needs to be
cut. the tractors do not drive themselves, at least not yet.
So enough of this diversion.

--
terry l. ridder ><>