Spurious write permission error

Nick Payne nick.payne at internode.on.net
Mon May 2 05:41:02 PDT 2016

Running GiP 2.94 on Windows. I had two downloads running simultaneously,
both writing to the same directory. One download completed without any
problem indicated, the other put out the following on the console at the
end of the download:

INFO: MP4 tagging MP4 file

  Started writing to temp file.
  Progress: =======================================================> 99% |
  Finished writing to temp file.
Unable to write to a directory lacking write permission.INFO: Command
exit code 255 (raw code = 65280)
WARNING: Failed to tag MP4 file

When I have a look in the output directory, there is an output MP4 file
for the download that gave the error with "-temp-22448" appended to the
end of the filename. I can play the MP4 in VLC without any error.

I've also noticed on some occasions that after the download has
finished, both the permanent download file and the file with
"-temp-xxxxx" appended are present in the output directory.

Nick