Should get_iplayer work on windows 10?

Don Grunbaum (Gmail) don.grunbaum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:11:37 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Graham Temple (gmail)" <graham.j.temple at gmail.com>
To: "'Don Grunbaum (Gmail)'" <don.grunbaum at gmail.com>;
<get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:24 PM
Subject: RE: Should get_iplayer work on windows 10?

> Thanks Don
>
> I already tried the CLI command, no avail.
>
> " My guess is that there is something in your options file that
> doesn't
> quite match your file/folder structure and that is upsetting the
> syntax of generated commands."
>
> Could you explain the above a little more for me please?
>
> Regards
>
> GT

You said in your original post that you had transferred your history
and pvr files.

Have you also transferred your options file? (from C:\Documents and
Settings\$User$\.get_iplayer). Depending on the contents of your pvr
files, there could be a mis-match between the options file and the pvr
files unless the file/folder structure is identical.

But you say that the CLI also failed, so I don't know if that is the
problem after all.

I did initially have a problem on a new Windows 10 PC, but I
uninstalled from the originally installed account, and re-installed
from the account I had created and all worked fine.

If it's not too problematical, perhaps you could try doing something
similar, test that the "vanilla" install works, then gradually change
the files to the transferred ones.

Does that make sense?

HTH

Don