Radio Downloads to m4a

Mike Casswell mike at nutwood.net
Sun Jul 24 05:25:35 PDT 2016

>From the release295 release notes:

'DASH radio downloads are M4A files, but they are still re-muxed with
ffmpeg by default in order to make the files palatable to AtomicParsley
for metadata tagging. Downloading with --raw will produce M4A files.'

I took this to mean that GIP would continue to output mp3 files from
radio programmes, as before. This is what happened until yesterday.

However, since then any download I have tried of a radio programme
produces an m4a file. I have tried specifying various DASH and HLS
modes, which makes no difference.

The timing of the change implies some connection with the cache, since
it is 7 days since I carried out the upgrade, but what the connection
might be is beyond my understanding of how it all works.

Am I alone with this? Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong?

Thanks

--
Mike Casswell